Monday, July 2, 2012

Big News! Fire Mountain Gems' Jewelry Contest

I have some exciting news to share! Two of the three pieces that I entered into Fire Mountain Gems' jewelry making contest have been accepted into the final round for the wire and metalwork category!

The two that made it into the finals are my Middle Eastern inspired wire wrapped bib necklace and chandelier earring set, Nefertiti's Kiss:

And my modern art-inspired necklace, Try, Tri Again:

My wire wrapped earrings, Pretty In Pink, did NOT make the cut:

I'm SOOOOO happy about making it this far!!!! I was hoping to get one entry into the finals and was banking on the wire wrapped jewelry set to make it. So I'm thrilled that two pieces of mine have made it. Obviously, I'd love to win in my division because the prize is sweet: a $1000 gift certificate for Fire Mountain and a lot of publicity. But I can honestly, honestly say that I'm overjoyed just to be at this stage. Jewelry making is still a fairly new part of my life; I haven't even been doing it for two years (it'll be my two year anniversary as a jewelry artist in August), so this says to me, "Hey, you're legit. We take you seriously in this world." It means that my probably crazy decision to work full time in this art and on my business isn't THAT insane -- and that I'm good enough at it that people appreciate my work.

I have no idea what will happen next, and if I even have a shot at winning. I've seen the work of past winners and it's pretty amazing! So to be in that company is an honor in itself.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment