Friday, July 27, 2012

Copper wire wrapped wave rings with Swarovski crystals

As part of my plan to get my jewellery into stores, I need to create professional looking line sheets. This is basically a catalogue of your work that contains photos and wholesale prices so that stores know what they can order from you. In looking at others' line sheets, however, I've seen that most jewelry artists actually have lines or collections, such as the "Jungle Collection 2012" or "Floral Fantasies," etc.

I've decided to create some actual collections of my own. Many of my pieces are a little random and one of a kind, but I need to think in terms of what would work for a store -- in other words, what looks pretty, can be mass produced, isn't too expensive to make and is trendy? My Infinity rings are an obvious collection, as are my wire wrapped filigree chandelier earrings. I've been experimenting with other wire wrapped ring designs lately and have come up with my latest collection: the wire wrapped wave ring.

This ring is similar to those wire wrapped art rings that I previewed the other day, only the design is a lot less random and more controlled. There's a definite pattern to it. I call it a wave ring because, well, the way the spiral turns looks like a wave to me. So far, I've made variations in three color combinations:

Romance: pink and fuchsia Swarovski crystals:

Ice: blue and light blue crystals:

Citrus: orange and yellow crystals:

These can be made in any size and I think are very funky looking and fun! I'll update as I make more variations. To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewellery, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment