Monday, April 2, 2012

Selling At Craft Fairs: 2012 Goals

Now that spring is officially here, it's craft fair season -- and I have at least two to look forward to once I return from vacation. However, I hope to do several more, now that I'm working more hours on my jewelry business. Last year, I did four, which was my goal at the time; this year, I'd like to at least seven. If I do three in the spring, one in the summer, one in the fall and two during the holiday season, I'll easily reach this new goal.

This time around, I'm feeling a lot more confident about attending the fairs. Let's face it, my first couple of fairs just didn't go that well. I wrongly expected people to come to me, which they didn't. I've learned that you need to come to them, too, and attract them to your booth. I feel like I have a lot more higher-end, quality items for sale and also have a better idea of what to expect when I go these festivals. I also need it more now that this is part of my full-time job!!!

As you know, I've been writing online articles for HubPages and I've just published a piece called How To Sell At Craft Fairs. These tips come from my personal experiences at fairs and festivals, so if anyone reading this also makes jewelry and wants to sell it, here are some ideas for how you can successfully do so.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment