Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moon and star earrings made of blue and yellow anodized aluminum, wire wrapped with Swarovski crystal

Anodized aluminum is so cool! Because it's fairly easy to cut compared to other metals, you can make funky designs with it. I decided to explore my artistic side and make these little night sky landscapes with a moon and Swarovski crystal star on the horizon.

To make them, I first sawed out the moons. They look a little like the moons you'd find in Lucky Charms, but whatever; they're cute. I then cut out the blue squares, which were a lot easier to deal with.

Attaching them was the biggest challenge. I decided to drill tiny holes and use a very thin wire -- 28 gauge silver -- so that I wouldn't compromise the design too much. I think it works and I'm happy with how they came out. I love moon shaped jewelry in general -- it's so peaceful -- so this is my take on it.


To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment