Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wire wrapped jewelry tutorial: make wire wrapped rings for children

This afternoon, I posted yet another jewellery tutorial on HubPages: this one shows you how to make a wire wrapped coil ring for kids.

The great thing about these rings is that they're easy to make, once you get the hang of it. It's even an activity that you can do with an older child. Artistic wire isn't expensive at all and comes in a lot of fun colors, and this project gives kids the opportunity to be creative. Making these wire wrapped rings is something fun that can be done on a rainy day and works as an activity for a birthday party. These also make great gifts to stick in a goody bag or stocking.

When I was a kid, I loved making crafts. I didn't get into jewelry making until I was an adult, but as a child I spent hours drawing, painting and playing with clay. I know that things are different for kids these days and many spend their time playing video games or chatting with friends online. Still, there's something to be said for simple, creative fun.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment