Monday, June 18, 2012

New Enameling Class!

There are only two more enameling classes at the 92nd Street Y this semester and then the Y shuts down until October ... which leaves several months open for me.

I have to do *something* over the summer that involves seeing other people. Yes, running my own business is satisfying, but it can get a little lonely, too. I originally planned to take a writing course, but then came upon an enamel jewelry class that's being offered at a jewelry store in Brooklyn. It got great reviews and begins only a few days after my class at the Y ends ... and so I plan to sign up. I'm just waiting for the store owner to get back to me so I can secure my payment and my slot in the class.

I love the Y, but after taking four classes there it'll be interesting to see what another jewelry school is like. This enamel class sounds a little more advanced than the one I'm currently enrolled in so I hope to learn some new, cool techniques. I have all of these ideas for pieces in my head and I want to create them!

If this class is enjoyable, I guess I'll have to decide which school I want to continue at, or if I'll just take different classes at both. I just know that I'm fortunate to live in a city that offers so many different things.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment