Monday, June 18, 2012

Driving Traffic To Your Etsy Shop With A Blog

This feels a little meta posting this here, but I think it's valuable information for anyone who's looking to make money online in some way. This is an article I wrote for HubPages about using a blog to drive traffic to an Etsy store.

Making money online -- whether it's through writing, opening a shop on Etsy, or whatever -- is a complicated business. And yes, it's a business. When I began writing online about three years ago, I knew NOTHING. I thought that I could post some articles and people would automatically find my site. Same goes for Etsy; though I wasn't quite as naive when I opened my shop, I still did many things wrong. In both cases, I had to learn about search engine optimization (SEO), backlinks, rss feeds and all of these other new, unfamiliar words. It was like learning a new language and a new culture ... all so I could make a few extra bucks.

I've been fairly successful with online marketing and feel confident enough to share my expertise with the rest of the world. When I began, I looked for articles that catered to people like me -- people who really didn't know too much about using computers to make money. I'm hoping that my easy-to-understand approach will assist those who want to get started and don't know how.

I won't lie. Making money online is NOT easy. I've put a lot of time into marketing my writing and my jewelry, and while I've done pretty well, I'm still not nearly as successful as I'd like to be. I'm still learning. I hope that my words make this learning just a little easier for someone else.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment