Saturday, October 18, 2014

Copper wire wrapped "Pumpkin Spice" bangle bracelet with orange crystals


After making those orange and purple football bracelets for the Clemson fans, I have an entire bag of leftover beads. I don't use orange beads that often in my pieces, but wanted to play around with them.

I ended up making these copper wire wrapped bracelets. I really like the way the orange and copper go together and they're the perfect colors for fall. The leaves are finally beginning to change up here in NY and these bangle bracelets make me think of a crisp October afternoon:

I'm calling these my "Pumpkin Spice" bracelets because the round, orange beads look like little pumpkins! I'm also seeing ads for pumpkin spice products EVERYWHERE, so the term is stuck in my head, LOL. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor, but I guess subliminal advertising does work in some way!

Whenever fall hits, I dig out my yellow, gold, red, orange and brown clothing -- and these bracelets fit right in with my wardrobe. But even if you live in a warmer area, they'll look good paired with jeans or a neutral-colored outfit.

I'm thinking of other ways in which I can use these beads; perhaps some orange and light blue bracelets, or orange and red? After making these pieces, I'm gaining a new respect for this color!

Check out the rest of my handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment