Wednesday, March 13, 2013

More colorful anodized aluminum earrings!


I'm still on my anodized aluminum kick and made two more pairs of earrings this afternoon. One features different sized triangles in blue, turquoise and silver; the other pair consists on rectangles in silver, purple and lavender:

Sometimes very simple designs are the most eye-catching and I feel like tht's the case with these handmade earrings. They're so colorful and the bold shapes lets the different shades of metal stand out.

These also look as if they're easy to make, but they're really not. It takes time to cut and drill each shape and then file the ends to blunt them and get them even. The designs are minimalist, but are still pretty labor intensive.

I have an idea for something even more abstract that I plan to work on tomorrow, so stay tuned! Meantime, check out my jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment