Monday, February 28, 2011

Mixed metal gold and silver triangle bracelet

This mixed metal gold and silver triangle bracelet is an example of an experiment gone right. I've written about many failed attempts to make certain things, but in this case, this bracelet came out better than I anticipated.

I knew from the start that I liked triangle patterns and wanted to do something mixing gold and silver. However, I wanted to try an off-kilter design and decided to see what would happen if I made each triangle link progressively larger than the last. Know what? It ended up looking cool! It looks a little like a modern sculpture and well, that's what I want my jewelry to be: wearable art.

In other news, I now have a Facebook fan page, so if you like my work, please "like" Naomi's Designs on FB. Also, I'm starting to gear up for craft show season. My goal is to do four or five this year to see how well I do at them. So far, I have shows lined up for April 3 and May 1. The April show is going to be particularly sweet for me because last April 1 was the day I broke my leg and last April 3 was the day that the orthopedist popped my bone back into place. Owwwwwww!!! So it's kind of cool to know that a year after being in the worst pain I've ever been in, I'm going to be doing something new and fun and interesting. I know it seems odd to connect my jewelry making to my broken leg, but I had a chance to make a lot of jewelry while I was laid up! Plus, I have metal plates and pins in my leg, so I come with my own "hardware," LOL.

In all seriousness, I'm really excited about doing these shows. You just never know where life might take you. I definitely didn't expect to get injured last year, nor did I expect to be selling jewelry at craft fairs only a year later.

To see or purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or Naomi's Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment