Thursday, November 12, 2015

Silver wire wrapped statement necklace with spirals and turquoise crystal squares


When I did my craft fair in September, I made a few statement pieces for my table. These are higher-priced pieces of jewelry that you can see from across the street. They don't sell as well as my less expensive items, but they're attention-grabbers that bring people to my booth.

For this fair, I designed this piece:

The necklace is modeled after another one of my pieces, which I call "Nefertiti's Kiss." That one was on display at the Austin Ale House:

I used the same basic pattern, but made it in silver wire instead of brass. And instead of the navy crystal pearls, I added the turquoise squares. The squares are AB (aurora borealis) crystals so they shimmer when the light hits them. The necklace really stood out when it was outside!

No one purchased either piece, but this necklace did indeed bring people over. Many asked how long it took me to make it (about a week) or how I made the spirals. One little kid's mouth fell open when he saw the price. His mom explained how much work went into it.

I'll admit, I personally wouldn't wear a necklace this large. I like my jewelry to be pretty simple! But I have sold a few copies of Nefertiti's Kiss and have seen women look great in statement jewelry. Hopefully, someone special will fall in love with this necklace, too.

Check out my jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations. Join me on Instagram, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment