Friday, January 25, 2013

Funky silver wire wrapped abstract rings


It's been a while since I've made new coil rings! They're among my best-selling items, though, so I really ought to make more of these. They actually do well online and at craft fairs; at fairs, people always notice them and even if they don't buy a ring, will admire them and try them on.

Anyway, I've been feeling creative lately so I designed two new silver wire wrapped coil rings. Both are pretty abstract and kind of funky-looking:

This ring is just plain weird, but I think it's cool. It looks a little like a face in profile, no? I didn't really plan for it to come out that way; I just played with the wire and created different angles and well, this is how it turned out! Sometimes the jewellery has a mind of its own and this was what this ring wanted to do. I love modern art, though, so I like the "sculpted" look of it.

This is the second ring:

I've made rings with square spirals before, but the bottom portion of the ring is unique because it resembles an arrow. It looks really nice when you wear it because it's oversized and covers almost your whole finger. It's just a lot of fun.

Next up: making more rings with colorful wire! To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment